How Do Investors and Retirees Choose the Right Gold IRA Company to Work With?
You’ve been just as worried as most Americans that the Social Security system will go broke during your retirement years, and that your dollar savings will devalue while inflation soars. While suffering through the global economic fallout from the pandemic years and the war in Europe, we are now facing another period of recession, and who knows what else in the years ahead?
Like millions of other professionals, investors and retirees, you’re looking for safe, alternative assets to invest in to protect your wealth.
You’ve already decided that the best course is to diversify your portfolio by transferring a percentage of your investments into a precious metals IRA; and now, the only question is:
Which gold IRA company is the best match for my goals?
I have carefully identified the top gold IRA companies based on a side-by-side comparison of their services, requirements, fees and overall customer satisfaction in public reviews to help you make an informed decision.
When you compare among the top companies, Goldco and Augusta Precious Metals both stand out for many of the services most appreciated by clients. Which of these two IRA companies most closely matches your personal investment goals?
Table of Contents
Goldco Precious Metals IRA Overview and Features
Goldco is one of the longest established gold IRA companies, offering services to investors since 2006. From its headquarters in Woodland Hills, California, Goldco has distinguished itself as a brokerage firm specializing in “white glove” services to its clients. Goldco loves retirees, and retirees love Goldco. Its minimum investment for precious metal IRAs of $25,000 is within reach for many retirees who want to transfer 10-15% of their total portfolio into gold and silver.
Sean Hannity and Chuck Norris are two of Goldco’s celebrity spokespersons who both use and endorse the company.
Goldco is very highly rated for its famous “white glove” service to retirees and pre-retirees, helping them set up and balance a retirement portfolio.
Goldco stands out for:
- a wide range of precious metals, including silver, gold, palladium, and platinum coins and bullion bars
- partnerships with trusted custodians and depositories and custodians
- ease of set-up with excellent customer service
- Highest Ratings and 5-star reviews
Goldco 5-Star Customer Review
Augusta Precious Metals IRA Overview and Features
Augusta Precious Metals has been offering gold IRAs to investors since 2012. APM is a family-owned firm that in only one decade became one of the very top gold companies in the U.S. for its world-class precious metal services. Augusta is a great company for serious investors, professionals, and people with an extensive retirement portfolio since it has one of the larger minimum investment requirements of $50,000.
Hall of Fame quarterback, Joe Montana, was first a customer and then a celebrity spokesperson for Augusta Precious Metals – and for good reasons!
Augusta Precious Metals offers:
- investment packages that include self-directed precious metal IRA services
- a place to purchase gold and silver for non-IRA investments
- life-time customer support and educational resources
- Excellent ratings with top review websites and 5-star client reviews
Augusta Precious Metals Customer Reviews
Side-by-Side Comparison - Goldco vs Augusta Precious Metals
|Augusta Precious Metals
|4.8 out of 5
|4.9 out of 5
|Sean Hannity, Chuck Norris
|Celebrity ambassador endorsement
|Minimum IRA investment
|Gold / Silver / Platinum / Palladium
|Precious metals offered
|Gold / Silver
|"White glove" customer support
|Customer support described
|"Life-long dedicated customer support"
|Assisted IRA Rollovers
|Average setup time
|Free educational kit
IRA Fee Comparison - Goldco vs Augusta Precious Metals
|Augusta Precious Metals
|One-time setup fee
|Annual custodian or maintenance fee
|Annual depository or Storage fees
|Speak with Goldco for prices and markups
|Prices for coins and bars
|Based on spot price. 5% markup for bullion coins
|One-time wire fee of $30
What is Most Important to Me for Choosing a Gold IRA Company?
To gain clarity about which factors are most important to you personally when matching your goals to a company that offers gold IRAs, some questions to ask yourself, among others, could be:
- How adept am I at navigating websites and filling in forms? Do I want an expert to handle more of these details for me?
- What are the minimum investments required for each company? Which is closest to the correct percentage of my total retirement portfolio I want to transfer into gold and other precious metals?
- Are low-cost first-year and annual fees for maintaining my account important for me to get started with an account, or is paying a bit more for depository and customer service fees worth it considering the size of my investment?
- Am I only interested in holding gold and silver, or do I want to own additional precious metals like platinum and palladium?
Conclusion: Act Now to Diversify and Protect the Value of Your Retirement Portfolio
One thing you’re probably already certain of:
You want to hedge the value of the money you’ve saved for retirement by diversifying a percentage of your dollars, stocks, and other investments into tangible assets that have always retained value throughout history. Precious metals are increasingly popular alternative assets because of rarity (gold) or essential uses in manufacturing (silver and other rare metals).
Opening a gold IRA is the best way to diversify your retirement portfolio. The only decision now is: Which of the top gold investment companies is the best for me?
What to expect when you click the links below:
Clicking the links below will bring you directly to the official Goldco and/or Augusta Precious Metals website where you have a number of options to learn more about investing in a precious metals IRA by:
- reading the site, or
- using the chat box to connect with a company representative, or
- phoning to speak to an IRA consultant, or
- filling in an email form to request your free gold IRA kit with audio, visual and reading materials.
All of these services are given without pressure to open an account or purchase their products, and are no-obligation and completely free of charge.